- 23-May-2013 to 17-Nov-2013 (EST)
- Springfield, OH, USA
- Full Time
OPERS Retirement, Liability Insurance, Workers' Comp, Employee Assistance Program, Sick Leave, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurnace, PayProtect Plan, Deferred Comp, Medical and Dental Insurance
Full-Time (40 Hours/week) and Part-Time (32 Hours/week)
1. Provides care and training in basic living skills (grooming, feeding, hygiene, dressing, social behaviors, etc.); supports Individuals in achieving socially acceptable behavior and self-discipline; encourages independence, self-reliance and choice making. Assists Individuals in preparing to leave for and return from day habilitation/community; assists Individuals in preparing for appointments, leisure activities and visitors; supervises sleep time; provides total personal care to Individuals; lifts and moves Individuals; monitors recreation and community schedules (including program documentation on kiosks); plans and implements active treatment, e.g., mixers, movies, athletic events, outings, special cooking, goals; helps plan and attends recreation activities to assist with the Individual's needs on and off campus as assigned.
2. Follows and adheres to behavior support plans using approved DTRT procedures and other approved techniques; administers CPR and First Aid as needed; writes accurate, timely and comprehensive (legible) documentation; implements accurate and complete programming, medical and treatment documentation; prepares required reports (daily logs, behavior incidents, accident/injury reports and major/unusual incidents, etc.); completes assessments as directed by Unit Supervisor to provide input into the development of IP's. Cares for and monitors Individuals per IP. Implements and follows Delegated Nursing Procedures (medication and treatments administration); implements accurate and complete medication documentation as assigned.
3. Performs general domestic household chores (cleaning kitchen, mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, changing linens, mending, laundry, etc.); serves well-balanced meals family-style at appropriate food temperatures and following nutritional and medicaid guidelines; follows infection control procedures as directed by Unit Supervisor and Nursing Coordinator; reports all health and safety concerns to the Unit Supervisor/Nursing; maintains general home premises, inside and outside; cleans wheelchairs and other adaptive equipment; reports needed repairs to Living Unit Supervisor; initiates maintenance requests for repairs.
4. Transports Individuals as needed; maintains cleanliness and safe operation of county vehicles; fuels vehicles per living unit procedures.
5. Safeguards Individuals' rights; reports all allegations and suspicions of abuse and neglect of Individuals to appropriate authorities; documents all allegations of non-compliance and violations of rules and regulations; maintains confidentiality of Individual, staff and living unit; follows chain of command; follows negotiated bargaining unit agreement as well as the Program and Department Policies and Procedures.
6. Participates in planning programming goals and active treatment activities; conducts scheduled inventories of unit contents and Individuals' clothing and personal items.
7. Attends staff meetings, inservices and training programs as required. Performs other related duties as required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!